PMI-ACP Certification Requirements
Before you begin the process of getting PMI-ACP Certified you should read the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Handbook and visit the PMI.org website for additional information.
PMI-ACP® Application Process
- Register to become a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- This step is optional.
- It costs $139 to become a member, but it saves you $60 on exam fees.
- The standard non-member price to take the exam is $495. The PMI member price for the exam is $435.
- Take our PMI-ACP Exam Prep Course to satisfy the required 21 contact hours (PDUs) education requirement.
- Submit your PMI-ACP application through the PMI website & pay the fee.
- There is no rush to do this step, we will help you with this as part of our PMI-ACP exam prep course and per PMI rules you must complete your 21 hours of training first anyway.
- PMI® will review your application and respond within 3 to 5 business days.
- Once your application is approved you will receive an invitation to pay for and schedule the exam.
- Schedule your exam with Prometric.
- You have one year to take the exam after your application has been approved.
- You may take the exam up to three (3) times during the eligibility period.
- To learn more about the testing centers, please visit Prometric.
- Take and Pass the PMI-ACP Exam
- 1 year to take the exam after your application is approved.
- The PMI-ACP Exam has a total 120 questions (with 100 scored and 20 unscored questions).
- 3 hour time limit.
- The questions are broken down into 2 sections; Agile Tools & Techniques(50%), Agile Knowledge & Skills(50%).
- Moment you pass you are certified for a 3 year cycle, need 30 PDUs to renew after 3 years.
PMI-ACP Eligibility Requirements
General Project Experience
- 2,000 hours working on project teams
- These hours must be earned within the last 5 years
- Active PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement
Agile Project Experience
- 1500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies
- These hours are in addition to the 2,000 hours required in "general project experience"
- These hours must be earned within the last 3 years
Training in Agile Practices
- 21 contact hours
- Hours must be earned in agile practices
PMI-ACP Course Schedule
Video on Demand
Online Virtual Training
Virtual 2-Day Course
Sep 11 & 12
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Dec 12 & 13
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Unsure of the date?
Buy a voucher
and decide later.
*All PMI-ACP Courses satisty the 21 PDU
hours required to sit for the exam
Provider ID #3348